1. Compliance with laws, etc.
The Company recognizes that proper management of personal information is a part of its compliance activity. In complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the guideline of the Personal Information Protection Commission, the Company will establish internal regulations concerning handling of personal information and other internal rules, and fully disseminate the importance among officers and employees.
2. Purpose of use of Personal Information
The Company will use Personal Information solely within the scope of the following purposes, or to the extent recognized relevant to those purposes, (the “Purpose(s)”) except in cases where individually expressly stated, notified, or disclosed to the public.
- In the negotiation, conclusion, and execution of agreements, and in the conduct and management of any other transaction related to the Company’s business;
- For communications related to the Company’s business, and in correspondence, greetings, and other acts of general etiquette;
- Providing information related to the Company’s business;
- In research, analyses, studies, and audits related to the Company’s business;
- In the production of statistical information, analysis of anonymously processed information, and other processing of Personal Information for the Company’s use;
- Exchanging information and communicating with industry and organizational stakeholders related to the Company and the Company’s business;
- To deliver corporate information to those who wish to or are expected to work for the Company and to make necessary communication; or
- Responses to requests, demands, inquiries, etc.
- Any other activities related to or incidental to the above Purposes.
In addition, the Company may entrust all or a portion of these activities to third parties to conduct operation smoothly, in which case it shall provide personal information within the scope necessary for the Company to achieve the stated Purpose(s). In this event, the Company will conclude an agreement with the subcontractor(s) regarding handling of personal information and shall exercise proper supervision thereof.
Collection of personal information from visitors to this website
Cookies and web beacons
Use of Google Analytics
All pages of this website, including the inquiry form, use the Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology for enhanced security.
This website tracks user information recorded in an access log. This includes users’ IP addresses, browser type, number of accesses and other related details, but not any information that can identify a person. The Company will never use the access log for any purpose other than for statistics and analysis on how the site is being utilized.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company will never provide or disclose personal information to third parties without persons’ prior consent except in cases permitted under laws and regulations. However, such provision may be made to third parties (except for overseas parties) through an opt-out scheme.
4. Joint use of personal information
The Company may jointly use the collected personal information as follows:
|Categories ofthe jointly used personal data||Scope ofjoint users||Purpose for use byjoint users||Person responsible|
|Information acquired by the Company through responding to and handling customer questions on the Website (company name, address, organization, position, name, address, phone number, and e-mail address)||The Company and its subsidiaries(including those outside of Japan)||Response to requests, requests, inquiries, etc.||Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc. Address:Nihonbashi 1-chome Bldg., 16F-18F, 1-4-1, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-8247, Japan Legal representative: Makoto Ishitani|
|Information acquired by the Company through the exchange of business cards (company name, address, organization, position, name, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address)||The Company and its subsidiaries(including those outside of Japan)||Notification, communication, and information sharing related to the Purpose set forth in paragraph 2 of this Policy||Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc. Address:Nihonbashi 1-chome Bldg., 16F-18F, 1-4-1, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-8247, Japan Legal representative: Makoto Ishitani|
5. Management of personal information
The Company will strive to keep the collected personal information accurate and up to date, and properly manage personal information by taking appropriate security measures to prevent it from being accessed by an unauthorized person, lost, destroyed, altered, leaked, etc.
- (2)Establishment of Rules for Handling Personal Information
- The Company establishes the internal management rules for handling of personal information applicable to each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion/disposal, etc., regarding handling methods, responsible persons/persons in charge, and their duties.
- (3)Organizational Safety Control Measures
- The Company undertakes the following measures for organizational safety control:
- – Nomination of the person responsible for the handling of personal information (Personal Information Manager).
- – Limitation of the scope of personnel who may handle personal information and its activities.
- – Establishment of the system to enable timely reporting to the Personal Information Manager upon occurrence of violation, or the likelihood of violation, of the applicable law or company regulations.
- – Periodic self-inspections of the status of handling personal information.
- (4)Personnel Safety Control Measures
- The Company undertakes the following measures for personnel safety control:
- – Provision of appropriate education with employees on related matters so that they are thoroughly familiarized with the proper handling of personal information.
- (5)Physical Safety Control Measures
- The Company undertakes the following measures for physical safety control:
- – Restriction of entry of non-employees to the areas where personal information is handled, limitation of bringing equipment, and prevention of unauthorized persons from viewing personal information.
- – Management for prevention of theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, and documents, etc., by which personal information is processed.
- – Taking safety measures so as to prevent personal information from being easily identified when carrying equipment and electronic media, etc., by which personal information is processed in the office or elsewhere.
- (6)Technical Safety Control Measures
- The Company undertakes the following measures for technical safety control:
- – Performance of appropriate access control in order to limit the scope of personnel and personal information to be processed.
- – Introduction and proper operation of the structure to protect the information systems that process personal information from unauthorized access or illegal software.
- (7)International Transfer
- Implementation of safety control measures based on comprehension of the systems for the protection of personal information in the foreign countries where personal information is handled.
Please contact the “Point of Contact” in Section 11 below for information on the name of the foreign country in which the Company handles personal information and the measures the Company implements for safety control.
6. Notice of purpose of use
When an individual wishes to be notified of the purpose of use for his/her information in connection with personal data retained by the Company, the Company will respond to such a request after verifying the identity of the requester (or his/her agent).
However, when notifying the person of the purpose of use is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of such person or third parties; or notification is likely to harm the rights or legitimate interests of the Company; or it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ or a local government in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and such notice is likely to impede the execution of such affairs; or it is considered that the purpose of use is clear in consideration of the circumstances of the acquisition, all or a portion of the purpose of use may not be disclosed.
7. Disclosure of personal information to the person himself/herself
When a person wishes for the disclosure of his/her information in connection with personal data retained by the Company, the Company will respond to such a request after verifying the identity of the requester (or his/her agent).
However, when disclosing personal information is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or third parties; or disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of the business of the Company; or disclosure violates other laws and regulations, all or a portion of the information may not be disclosed.
8. Correction, addition or deletion of personal information
When a person wishes to be notified of correction, addition or deletion (collectively hereinafter “Correction, etc.”) of his/her information in connection with personal data retained by the Company, the Company will respond to such a request after verifying the identity of the requester (or his/her agent).
However, when the retained personal data is in accord with fact; or special procedures are prescribed by any other laws or regulations; or Correction, etc. is deemed unnecessary in consideration of the purpose of use, the Company may not be able to respond to such request.
9. Discontinuance of utilization and erasure of personal information; cessation of provision of personal information to third parties
When a person wishes for discontinuance of utilization, erasure of his/her personal information and cessation of provision of his/her personal information to third parties (collectively hereinafter “Discontinuance of Utilization, etc.”) in connection with personal data retained by the Company, the Company will respond to such a request after verifying the identity of the requester (or his/her agent).
However, when the personal information is handled within the scope necessary to achieve a purpose of use that is specified in advance, collected with a proper method, or retained under applicable laws and regulations, the Company may not be able to respond to such request.
When discontinuance of utilization and erasure of all or a portion of the information, or cessation of provision to third parties is effectuated, the Company may not be able to offer services or make transactions in a manner that customer requests are satisfied.
10. Methods and contact points for the application or reques
With regard to any application or request for any of the foregoing actions in paragraphs 6 to 9 concerning the personal data retained by the Company, please send identity verification documents (copy of driver’s license, passport, insurance card, etc.) to the following address by mail.
11. Contact regarding personal information
For other issues including complaints and inquiries regarding personal information, please contact the following address by postal mail or use the inquiry form.
The Company may not able to respond to inquiries (including a visit to the Company’s office in person) except when submitted via a method specified. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Collection of Personal Information, etc. on Our Website
Cookies are small files that are exchanged between your computer and our website when you visit our website and stored on your computer.
Web beacons are small image files embedded in our website that allow us to understand whether you have visited our website and how many times you have visited our website.
Below is a list of the primary tools we use to monitor usage of our website.
The information collected, recorded and analyzed by each tool provider includes no personally identifiable information. They are managed in accordance with the privacy policies of each tool providers.
You can disable cookies via their opt-out pages, or by changing your browser settings. However, please note that if you disable cookies, part of functions of our site may become unavailable, some pages may not be displayed properly, or some services may become unavailable. For details regarding changing your browser settings, please refer to the website of each browser provider.
- ・Provider：Google LLC
- ・Terms of service
2．Cookie-based ad serving
We use the advertising services (display advertising, remarketing and retargeting functions) of ad-serving companies such as Google and Yahoo!
For information on opting out, please refer to the following websites:
- ■Google Adwords
- ■Yahoo Ads
See below for information on cookie settings.
Acquisition of access logs
Our site records user information in the form of access logs. Access logs include your IP address, the browser you use, the number of times you have accessed the site, and other information that is not personally identifiable. Access logs are not used for any purposes other than usage statistics and analysis.
All pages on this site, including the contact form, use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to improve security.