Compliance Program (Observation Matters)
1. Respect for Human Rights, Intolerance of Discrimination and Harassment
Respect human rights; refuse to tolerate acts of harassment.
2. Compliance with the Antimonopoly Law, Subcontracting Law and Related Legislation
Avoid private monopolies, unfair trade restraints (cartels) and unjust trade practices.
3. Prohibition Against Unfair Competition
Avoid the manufacture and sale of products that infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc.; the unfair acquisition and use of business secrets; and unfair competitive behavior.
4. Observance of all Business Laws
Acquire the necessary permits and licenses, and observe all business laws when conducting business activities.
5. Observance of Insider Trading Regulations
Avoid actions that violate insider trading regulations.
6. Implementation of Appropriate Import/Export Procedures and Security Trade Controls
Observe laws and regulations, international treaties and other trade-related controls during the practice of appropriate import and export procedures. To maintain global peace and security, implement strict trade controls and refuse to handle cargo that may be used or diverted to proliferate weapons of mass destruction and other unsuitable transactions.
7. Observance of Intellectual Property Rights Laws
Show zero tolerance for violations of intellectual property rights owned by other parties.
8. Prohibition on Bribes and Gifts and Entertaining, etc.
Avoid bribes and the granting, requesting or pledging of unfair gains to overseas civil servants. Avoid gifts, entertainment or the supply of other services to customers outside the appropriate sphere of conventional wisdom.
9. Prohibition Against Provision of Favors to Anti-Social Groups
Adopt firm attitudes toward and refuse to associate with antisocial activities and forces.
10. Environmental Preservation
Maintain a clear awareness of the company’s responsibilities as a good corporate citizen. Contribute to the prosperity and harmony of human society, and devote the utmost efforts to preserve a sound global environment.
11. Appropriate Control of Information
Exercise reliable control over the company’s confidential information and confidential information disclosed by third parties.
12. Appropriate Use of Information System
Show zero tolerance for inappropriate use of or damage to the company’s information systems.
13. Prohibition Against Conflicts of Interest, etc.
Faithfully carry out the company’s business operations; avoid actions that go against the company’s best interests.
14. Implement Fair and Accurate Financial Procedures
Implement fair and accurate financial procedures pursuant to clearly defined accounting facts.